Jack’s Limerick Ireland links
I’ll be adding to this list of Limerick Ireland links as I go along. Sort of a work in progress. My aim to list useful links to county LIM or Limerick resources. The aim is to be useful and interesting rather than comprehensive. If any of these are incorrect or you have a suggestion, let me know.
Nearly all of these are external links and will open a new window or tab with most browsers (note the little “arrow” icon which indicates external links). But if you’ll be leaving this site, bookmark it before you go! Regarding any commercial services, let me add that this is not an endorsement. The listings just to let you know what is available.
These are the subpages
Let the Limerick Genealogy Links begin
- If you haven’t already seen it, here is my IGW, Limerick page. IGW is the IrelandGenWeb Project.
- Limerick City
- See their City ARCHIVES for some online documents including digitalized burial records.
- The Libary for some online documents such as directories and GAA journals.
- Limerick Union Workhouse
- County Limerick Genealogy Irish Genealogy Project
- County Limerick Genealogy ConnorsGenealogy. Pat Connors has quite a few records on her site and adds more frequently.
- GENUKI Limerick page
- IGP Archives Limerick
- From Ireland (Limerick page) Jane Lyons, Ph.D.
- IGI Batch Numbers for Limerick, Ireland LDS records
- RootsIreland Limerick Genealogy paid sevice for certificates
- Irish Church Records – Baptisms and Marriages Archdiocese of Cashel & Emly records database. Project by Tony Riordan. Parts of Co Limerick are in this archdiocese and this database allows you to contribute a record to share or to look at the records others have contributed.
- IGSI links by county including Limerick, of course
- Limerick in Ireland Old News old newpaper articles – not strictly genealogy and a bit spotty but worth a look
- Limerick genealogy links from genealogylinks.net
- Limericks Life History & folklore of Limerick city, Ireland
- Limerick.ie A guide to Co Limerick , Ireland
- Limerick.com More to see in Co Limerick , Ireland
- Diocese of Limerick – Home Page
- SLATER’S DIRECTORY OF IRELAND – 1846 , RATHKEALE
- Failte Romhat
- Limerick Genealogy- a professional research service
If you know enough to pay someone to research records in Co Limerick you might consider this service. Or you just might enjoy visting the website to see what is available.
- Limerick Resources- UKGDL – UK Genealogical Database and Lists
- A BRIEF HISTORY OF LIMERICK Local History
- 1935 History of Limerick Irish History Links
- Immigrant Ships Transcribers Guild Limerick page
- Irish Ancestors
- Some parish records Limerick civil parishes
- ‘Tracing your Limerick Ancestors’ by Margaret Franklin – from Flyleaf Press
- Limerick Soviet of 1919 or the Limerick General Strike A webbsite for the book Forgotten Revolution – The Limerick Soviet 1919. Liam Cahill was kind enough to send me a copy of his book several years back. This a a very interesting, but little known, chapter in Irish history and Mr. Cahill does a fine job of telling the story. A electronic copy of the book is free on this website.
- Cathy Labath’s “A Little Bit of Ireland”
- Church of Ireland Parish Graveyard at Rathkeale