Over the years, users of this page have sent me a bit of information – trivia some would call it – on various Reidy records, etc. I’ve been sort of keeping these in case they ever came in handy but perhaps a better use would be to list them here. If you have a useful bit of Reidy information, please sent it along. Also if you have sent me something you think should be here, I probably lost it over the years so remind me and send it again. I’m not particularly interested in something specifically tied to your line as I figure that will be covered in broad outline in the summaries and you can share details with someone who expressed interest. But if you think you have something that might be of general interest or just useful to someone, send it along.Spam prevention: remove the word REMOVE from address
Ray Marshall (email:raymarshREMOVE@mninter.net) is trying to find connections among the numerous Reidy families of the Castleisland area. There are quite a few Castleisland families listed here. So I ask all of those and anyone else with Reidys/Reedies/Readies/etc. from the Castleisland area to keep in touch with Ray.
From Jack Reidy (me): I ran across info this Reidy family from Tulligmacthomas Limerick Ireland . Although this family is no relation that I know of, I thought it might help someone.
Patrick Ready (Riedy) ROYAL IRISH CONSTABULARY
I was looking at a film of the 1905 New York State Census and this caught my eye. Although this family is no relation that I know of, I thought it might help someone.
address: 316 W. 28th St, New York, NY
assembly district 9 election district 19
|Name||relationship||age||born||yrs in US||occupation|
|Michael Reidy||head||38||Ireland||22||Railroad Foreman|
This is another one from me: I was looking for something else in Footnote (now fold3) and ran into this record in the 1860 census.
address: Moline, Rock Island Illinois
|Martin Reidy||m||35||Ireland||?? Carriage Maker|
This is another one from me: I was looking on the Library of Congress (LOC) website.
John Reidy (Navy deserter) admits to murder in NYC hotel, 1920, LOC: New-York tribune, December 05, 1920
The same aquitted and address in Milwaukee given LOC: New-York tribune, April 10, 1921
More from Library of Congress (LOC) website.
Anna Reidy marries Wifred “Rosy” Ryan of NY Giants, 1922, LOC: New-York tribune, October 06, 1922
More from Library of Congress (LOC) website.
Lt. M.E. Reidy of the Fighting 69th, 1916, LOC:New-York tribune., June 22, 1916
Tim Reidy asked :
There are a fair amount of Reidy families in Elmira & Chemung County, New York.
When & where in Ireland did they come from?
our family came from Tullycrine, County Clare approx 1900.
From Susan Jennison
From the church records of Raheenagh, County Limerick :
Married July 22, 1855
PATRICK CURRAN to CATHERINE REIDY
sponsors: MARGARITA O’SULLIVAN
From Dennis Reidy:
Jeremiah Reidy 65th New York Infantry
buried at Andersonville National Cemetery as he died while a prisoner there.
From John Reidy Treworgy (email: wurci2REMOVE@aol.com)Killeedy Cemetery (Saint Ida’s) in Limerick:
- Margaret Reidy 1888 – 1977 Glebe, Monagea and late of Glenquin. Mary Ready.
- Erected by Patrick Riedy in memory of his father Michael Riedy who died Oct. 23 1862 aged 67 years of his mother Elizabeth Riedy alias Lacy who died April 5 1870 aged 65 y of his brother John who died August 22 1862 age 36 years and of his sister Ellen.
- Erected by Mrs. Mary Reidy of Gardenfield in memory of her beloved husband Jeremiah Reidy who died Sept the 11th 1868 aged 68 years & also of her children her son William died June the 24th 1824 her daughter Bridget died August 15th 1852.
- In loving memory of William and Catherine Reidy, Ballinaha Ballingarry died 6 Dec 1962 and 20 Dec 1975 and their daughter Eileen d. 15 Dec 1991.
- Erected by George Reedy in memory of his father Jeremiah Reedy who died January 3rd 1827 aged 83 years also his sister Mary Pickley alias Reedy died Aug 1st 1816 aged 41 years.
- Erected by Catherine Reidy of Mundillihy in memory of her beloved husband James Reidy who departed life March 11th 1851 aged 58 years also her daughter Eileen who died Dec 1st 1859 aged 28 years.
Miscellaneous Reidy links
Certainly not comprehensive but some are interesting! If you do a search on Reidy, you’ll find lots of stuff. These are a few of the ones I thought people might find interesting. I may have missed a few. If you are a Reidy and have a web link, let me know.
Reidy Coat of Arms
Coat of Arms
- Best American Arts
Made in the USA arts and crafts
This is my brother’s company so you know he’ll treat you right.The code JackReidy will get you a 10% discount. It is important that you add no spaces.
- art from Elaine Reidy Bray, Wicklow
- John Reidy Portraits
- Madeline Reidy Graphic Arts, Cards
- Judith Reidy fine art, pastel, oil, watercolor and other media
Writing Reidy links
- Gerald Reidy
- Jade Reidy
- Sue Reidy
- Dave Reidy
- Jean Reidy
- Jamie Reidy
Hard Sell author
Musical Reidy links
- Sean O’Riada (born John Reidy)
Irish composer and considered responsible for rebirth of traditional Irish Music
- Peadar O’Riada
Irish musician and composer and son of above
- Twang – Boston
musical Reidy (Jim Reidy)
- Michael Reidy
musician and composer
- Reidys.com – The Home of Music on the Web
- another musical Reidy (Beatles’ Sgt Pepper)
Frank Reidy played Clarinet on “When I’m 64”
Theatrical Reidy links
- Reidy at the movies
Joseph P. Reidy
- another Reidy at the movies
- yet another Reidy at the movies
- Patrick Ready (Riedy) ROYAL IRISH CONSTABULARY
- Fenian Reidy Fenian Uprising – Ardagh, Co, Limerick
- Reidy Park Primary School South Australia
- Reidy’s Clooneen House Westport Mayo
- REIDY B&B Dover, Kent, England
- The Irish Rover pub, Louisville KY, Siobhan and Michael Reidy
- Reidy Historical Consulting
- Reidy Metals
- Reidy Associates Leadership
- racing Reidy Danny Reidy
- Greensburg Motorsports Indiana, Larry Reidy
- Alfonso Eduardo Reidy Brazilian architect (c1900-1964)
- Frank Reidy Research Center for Bioelectrics Old Dominion University
- Bill Reidy professional baseball player from 1896-1904