Jack's Limerick Ireland linksI'll be adding to this list of Limerick Ireland links as I go along. Sort of a work in progress. My aim to list useful links to county LIM or Limerick resources. The aim is to be useful and interesting rather than comprehensive. If any of these are incorrect or you have a suggestion, let me know.
If you find this page helpful at all, you might want to encourage me by dropping me a note, perhaps making a suggestion or 2, or maybe just liking this on Facebook.
Nearly all of these are external links and will open a new window or tab with most browsers. But if you'll be leaving this site, bookmark it before you go! Regarding any commercial services, let me add that this is not an endorsement. The listings just to let you know what is available.
Let the Limerick Genealogy Links begin
- If you haven't already seen it, here is my IGW, Limerick page. IGW is the IrelandGenWeb Project.
- Limerick City
See their City ARCHIVES for some online documents including digitalized burial records.
- Limerick Union Workhouse
- County Limerick Genealogy Irish Genealogy Project
- County Limerick Genealogy ConnorsGenealogy. Pat Connors has quite a few records on her site and adds more frequently.
- GENUKI Limerick page
- Limerick City of Culture
- From Ireland (Limerick page) Jane Lyons, Ph.D.
- IGI Batch Numbers for Limerick, Ireland LDS records
- RootsIreland Limerick Genealogy paid sevice for certificates
- Griffith's valuation records from southwest Limerick (Abbeyfeale area)
- Irish Church Records - Baptisms and Marriages
Archdiocese of Cashel & Emly records database. Project by Tony Riordan. Parts of Co Limerick are in this archdiocese and this database allows you to contribute a record to share or to look at the records others have contributed.
- THOM'S DIRECTORY A transcription of the Co Limerick portion of THOM'S DIRECTORY of IRELAND for the year 1931.
- IGSI links by county including Limerick, of course
- Limerick in Ireland Old News old newpaper articles - not strictly genealogy and a bit spotty but worth a look
- Limerick genealogy links from genealogylinks.net
- Limericks Life History & folklore of Limerick city, Ireland
- Graveyards (Limericks Life) in Limerick
- transcriptions for Mount St Lawrence Cemetery, the largest cemetery in Limerick
- Limerick.ie A guide to Co Limerick , Ireland
- Limerick.com More to see in Co Limerick , Ireland
- Diocese of Limerick - Home Page
- SLATER'S DIRECTORY OF IRELAND - 1846 ,RATHKEALE
- Failte Romhat - Limerick Griffiths Valuation - by civil parish
- Failte Romhat - Limerick Flax Growers -1796 - by name
- Failte Romhat - homepage
- Limerick Genealogy- a professional research service - If you know enough to pay someone to research records in Co Limerick you might consider this service. Or you just might enjoy visting the website to see what is available.
- Limerick Resources- UKGDL -
- As Dúchas Dóchas - Community Youth Training Project (history and folklore in the West County Limerick area)
- Phil Cleary - A personal site with lots of stuff including some records from KILBEHENNY
- A BRIEF HISTORY OF LIMERICK Local History
- 1935 History of Limerick Irish History Links
- Dál gCais origins
- Dál gCais Sept
- Immigrant Ships Transcribers Guild Limerick page
- Irish Palatine Museum - it's in Rathkeale, LIM
- Palatines from "Irish Pedigrees" - sections transcibed
- Palatine Information from Olav Lehmann - who has both Riedy and Palatine roots in Co Limerick
- Olive Tree Palatine Links
- Irish Ancestors
- Some parish records Limerick civil parishes
- 'Tracing your Limerick Ancestors' by Margaret Franklin - from Flyleaf Press
- Limerick Soviet of 1919 or the Limerick General Strike A webbsite for the book Forgotten Revolution - The Limerick Soviet 1919. Liam Cahill was kind enough to send me a copy of his book several years back. This a a very interesting, but little known, chapter in Irish history and Mr. Cahill does a fine job of telling the story. A electronic copy of the book is free on this website.
- Cathy Labath's "A Little Bit of Ireland"
- Church of Ireland Parish Graveyard at Rathkeale
- Irish Surnames WWW pages for surnames. Not specific to Limerick but useful if your surname(s) are listed.
Photos of Limerick.If you have a scan of a photo that may be of general interest to users of this page, please consider letting me post it here. Also let me know if you are aware of pictures on the web that other Limerick genealogists might be interested in.
- Kilmeedy - RC Church - donated by user of this page.
- Talin's Illustrated European Travel Journal - great pictures, check out the Limerick part of the trip (April 17-19)
- Bóthar Helping People to Help Themselves - Irish Farm Animals are saving lives around the World
Places and records for specific places
- Abbeyfeale On Line
- Adare heritage centre
- Askeaton Contemporary Arts
- Galbally, Limerick
- Glenstal Abbey
- Kilfinane Outdoor Education Centre
- Kilmallock Online
- Lough Gur & District Historical Society
- Newcastle West & District Chamber of Commerce
- RATHKEALE Births from parish records
- Rathkeale OnLine
- Rathkeale A transcription of SLATER'S DIRECTORY OF IRELAND - 1881
- St. Michael's Parish, Limerick City Records from the Roman Catholic Parish and the Church of Ireland Parish
- University of Limerick
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- Limerick College of Further Education Mulgrave Street, Limerick
- HSI Limerick Business School, The Crescent, Limerick
- Institute of Technology, Limerick (formerly Regional Technical College)
- St. Munchin's Girls' Primary School, Limerick
- Abbeyfeale and the Vocational school
- Ard Scoil Mhuire, Bruff
- Salesian secondary college Pallaskenry
- St. Joseph's Secondary School Doon
- Villiers Secondary School Limerick
- Shannon Rugby Football Club
- Limerick Blogger
- Fort Shannon in Glin, Co Limerick
- The Limerick of Angela's Ashes
Accommodations in Limerick
- LimerickTourist.com places to stay and things to do
- Leens Hotel Abbeyfeale
- Fitzgerald’s Farmhouse Abbeyfeale
- AVONDOYLE COUNTRY HOME BED AND BREAKFAST
- Dunraven Arms Hotel Adare
- Adare Manor
- Adare Country House
- Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel Adare
- Absolute Hotel Medieval Quarter of Limerick
- Carlton Castletroy Park Hotel Dublin Road, Limerick
- The George Boutique Hotel O’Connell Street Limerick
- 1 Pery Square Georgian quarter, Limerick
- Maldrom Hotel Limerick city
- Twin Oaks Bed & Breakfast Limerick city
- Dooneen Lodge
- The Old Bank Inn, Bruff
- Barker House bed and breakfast Glin
- Courtenay Lodge Hotel Newcastle West
- Shanagarry B&B Newcastle West
- Kilmurry lodgehotel
- Deebert House Hotel Kilmallock
- O'Driscolls B&B Glin
- Devon Inn Hotel Templeglantine West Limerick
- Castleoaks House Hotel Castleconnell
- Limerick B&B network
- The Old Bank - Bruff
Some businesses in Limerick